‘Misused’ CBI should be under Lokpal: BSP
New Delhi: Launching a fierce verbal offensive in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, against an already cornered UPA government, the Bahujan Samajwadi Party accused the Centre of misusing the CBI against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Taking part in the debate on Lokpal Bill, BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan alleged that Center has malicious intent while combating graft and termed the government’s version of Lokpal Bill as toothless.
He called for a strong anti-corruption bill and demanded that the CBI and Class C and D employees be kept within the purview of the bill.
Further, reiterating BSP’s commitment to curb corruption he said that the state government has acted as per the instructions of the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145