‘Misused’ CBI should be under Lokpal: BSP
New Delhi: Launching a fierce verbal offensive in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, against an already cornered UPA government, the Bahujan Samajwadi Party accused the Centre of misusing the CBI against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Taking part in the debate on Lokpal Bill, BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan alleged that Center has malicious intent while combating graft and termed the government’s version of Lokpal Bill as toothless.
He called for a strong anti-corruption bill and demanded that the CBI and Class C and D employees be kept within the purview of the bill.
Further, reiterating BSP’s commitment to curb corruption he said that the state government has acted as per the instructions of the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!