‘Misused’ CBI should be under Lokpal: BSP
New Delhi: Launching a fierce verbal offensive in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, against an already cornered UPA government, the Bahujan Samajwadi Party accused the Centre of misusing the CBI against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Taking part in the debate on Lokpal Bill, BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan alleged that Center has malicious intent while combating graft and termed the government’s version of Lokpal Bill as toothless.
He called for a strong anti-corruption bill and demanded that the CBI and Class C and D employees be kept within the purview of the bill.
Further, reiterating BSP’s commitment to curb corruption he said that the state government has acted as per the instructions of the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'