‘Misused’ CBI should be under Lokpal: BSP
New Delhi: Launching a fierce verbal offensive in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday, against an already cornered UPA government, the Bahujan Samajwadi Party accused the Centre of misusing the CBI against UP Chief Minister Mayawati.
Taking part in the debate on Lokpal Bill, BSP leader Dara Singh Chauhan alleged that Center has malicious intent while combating graft and termed the government’s version of Lokpal Bill as toothless.
He called for a strong anti-corruption bill and demanded that the CBI and Class C and D employees be kept within the purview of the bill.
Further, reiterating BSP’s commitment to curb corruption he said that the state government has acted as per the instructions of the Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside
- Bomb explosion in Syria kills seven, leaves 25 injured