MLA murder accused woman grilled, police to file charge sheet
Purnia: A charge sheet is likely to be
filed on Thursday against the woman, who stabbed to death BJP
legislator Raj Kishore Keshari here, as top police officials
questioned her today and said her act appeared to be
"Investigation is on and the arrested lady is being
treated at a hospital in Katihar where her condition is stated
to be out of danger. She was grilled by the DIG (Purnia) and
other senior police officials," a top police officer said.
DGP Neelmani has directed Purnia SP N H Khan to ensure
that the charge sheet in the case is filed by tomorrow for
speedy trial, the official said.
There was no evidence to suggest that Rupam Pathak had
ever blackmailed the slain legislator while levelling sexual
harassment charges against him, he said.
"Of course what prompted her to take the extreme step
is also part of our investigation," the official said.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) P
K Thakur said the murder appeared to be premeditated and not
perpetrated in a fit of pique that the police did not look
into her complaint.
He said the woman had retracted her statement of
sexual harassment against Keshari before a judicial magistrate
and her husband too had recorded his statement in support of
"The case is being probed from all angles," he said.
The 51-year-old four-time BJP MLA was yesterday
stabbed to death here by Pathak who had earlier accused him of
sexual harassment. Pathak had to be hospitalised after being
thrashed by other visitors, present at the MLA`s residence,
after the incident.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar directed the DGP to
constitute a high-level probe team, review the security of all
legislators and ensure that those who visited them were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal