MLA murder accused woman grilled, police to file charge sheet
Purnia: A charge sheet is likely to be
filed on Thursday against the woman, who stabbed to death BJP
legislator Raj Kishore Keshari here, as top police officials
questioned her today and said her act appeared to be
"Investigation is on and the arrested lady is being
treated at a hospital in Katihar where her condition is stated
to be out of danger. She was grilled by the DIG (Purnia) and
other senior police officials," a top police officer said.
DGP Neelmani has directed Purnia SP N H Khan to ensure
that the charge sheet in the case is filed by tomorrow for
speedy trial, the official said.
There was no evidence to suggest that Rupam Pathak had
ever blackmailed the slain legislator while levelling sexual
harassment charges against him, he said.
"Of course what prompted her to take the extreme step
is also part of our investigation," the official said.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) P
K Thakur said the murder appeared to be premeditated and not
perpetrated in a fit of pique that the police did not look
into her complaint.
He said the woman had retracted her statement of
sexual harassment against Keshari before a judicial magistrate
and her husband too had recorded his statement in support of
"The case is being probed from all angles," he said.
The 51-year-old four-time BJP MLA was yesterday
stabbed to death here by Pathak who had earlier accused him of
sexual harassment. Pathak had to be hospitalised after being
thrashed by other visitors, present at the MLA`s residence,
after the incident.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar directed the DGP to
constitute a high-level probe team, review the security of all
legislators and ensure that those who visited them were
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore