MM Joshi conferred Russia`s highest civilian award
New Delhi: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi was on Wednesday conferred Russia`s highest civilian award for foreign nationals, "Order of Friendship", for his championing role in fostering ties between the two countries.
Joshi was bestowed the award by visiting Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry O Rogozin at a function at the Russian embassy here.
"In the brilliant constellation of distinguished Indian politicians and statesmen, MM Joshi for decades has been enjoying high esteem and incontestable authority as a champion of deeper Russian-Indian ties," Rogozin said.
"As a Cabinet minister, Joshi initiated and supervised a number of bilateral programmes and projects of scientific and technological cooperation, joint research and publishing activities, seminars conferences and exchanges of delegations," he said.
The senior BJP leader has consistently advocated the steady buildup of Russian-Indian special and privileged strategic partnership, he said.
"He has been a champion of the core principles of India`s foreign policy- time tested and deep-rooted tradition of amity between our two countries," the visiting leader said.
Joshi, after receiving the honour said that Indo-Russian strategic partnership was "unique, multi-dimensional and built brick by brick".
"We have made diverse inroads apart from the fields of defence, space and nuclear energy. The Integrated Long term Programme (ILTP) has been biggest scientific cooperation India has ever entered with any country," the senior BJP leader said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference