MM Joshi reappointed PAC chairperson
New Delhi: Veteran BJP leader Murli
Manohar Joshi was on Monday reappointed as chairperson of
Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC), notwithstanding
controversy surrounding him with regard to the draft report on
the 2G spectrum scam.
Joshi was nominated by his party following which Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has reappointed him as chairman of
PAC which is responsible for conducting the financial audit of
various departments and ministries.
The term of the previous committee ended yesterday.
Joshi`s reappointment will be effected from today and he will
be the chairperson for one year.
The 77-year-old leader has been recently at the centre
of major controversy after he circulated the draft report of
PAC on the 2G scam.
He was attacked by the PAC members belonging to UPA
who alleged that the report was prepared with "malafide
intention" to defame and destabilise the Government.
The UPA members created pandemonium at the last
meeting of the previous committee of the PAC on April 28 which
had resulted in a chaos.
Rejecting the charges of being malafide, Joshi
yesterday sent the report to Lok Sabha Speaker and wanted her
to table it in Parliament.
Addressing media, he also termed as "unconstitutional"
the claim that 11 MPs of the 21-member committee had
"rejected" the report, saying said such a possibility does not
exist till the report is "read" by members and "discussed"
para by para.
Replying to a question, Joshi said he would wait for
a decision from the Lok Sabha Speaker on whether the report
had been "adopted".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why