MM Joshi reappointed PAC chairperson
New Delhi: Veteran BJP leader Murli
Manohar Joshi was on Monday reappointed as chairperson of
Parliament`s Public Accounts Committee (PAC), notwithstanding
controversy surrounding him with regard to the draft report on
the 2G spectrum scam.
Joshi was nominated by his party following which Lok
Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has reappointed him as chairman of
PAC which is responsible for conducting the financial audit of
various departments and ministries.
The term of the previous committee ended yesterday.
Joshi`s reappointment will be effected from today and he will
be the chairperson for one year.
The 77-year-old leader has been recently at the centre
of major controversy after he circulated the draft report of
PAC on the 2G scam.
He was attacked by the PAC members belonging to UPA
who alleged that the report was prepared with "malafide
intention" to defame and destabilise the Government.
The UPA members created pandemonium at the last
meeting of the previous committee of the PAC on April 28 which
had resulted in a chaos.
Rejecting the charges of being malafide, Joshi
yesterday sent the report to Lok Sabha Speaker and wanted her
to table it in Parliament.
Addressing media, he also termed as "unconstitutional"
the claim that 11 MPs of the 21-member committee had
"rejected" the report, saying said such a possibility does not
exist till the report is "read" by members and "discussed"
para by para.
Replying to a question, Joshi said he would wait for
a decision from the Lok Sabha Speaker on whether the report
had been "adopted".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview