MM Joshi smells conspiracy behind charges of Hindu terror
Lucknow: Claiming that a UN resolution had earlier found hands of Pakistani and al Qaeda terrorists behind the Samjhauta blasts, BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday said blaming "saffron terror" for the act was nothing but an attempt to defame the Hindu community.
"They say again and again that Hindu terrorists were involved in Samjahuta blasts. I want to tell Shinde, Chidambaram and the Centre that there is a resolution of UNSC`s Committee on Sanctions which states that Arif Kasmani, the chief coordinator of LeT, had funded the Samjhauta blasts, with the al Qaeda providing staff for it," Joshi said.
He read out a document in support of his claim and said the resolution had quoted Pakistan`s Home Minister Rehman Malik as saying in January 2010 that Pakistani terrorists were hired for the blasts.
"Although these findings have come out, still these people are talking about Hindu terror. This is such a dirty politics and conspiracy to defame the Hindus of the country," Joshi said, referring to the recent controversial remarks by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
He said such allegations are not just an insult to the entire Hindu community, but they also weaken the country`s stand against terrorism.
"These charges belie the entire history and dent the image of the country permanently," Joshi added.
He said despite the UNSC document proving Pakistani attack behind the Samjhauta blasts, the Central government is trying to garner political mileage by "defaming the Hindu community".
"I want that the government should give clarification on this. From this, it is very clear that the intention of the government is to garner votes by defaming Hindus," he alleged.
He further claimed the Sachar Committee report was based on wrong facts, and said attempts were made to portray that Hindus were doing injustice to minorities and harassing them.
"BJP always believes there should be no injustice to anyone who is deprived and is in problem, whether he belongs to any religion, language or area. But targeting one community for appeasing the other will lead the country towards another partition and it will not be tolerated," the Varanasi MP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says