MMRCA flight test evaluation by April, says IAF chief
Satara:The Indian Air Force will
complete flight test evaluation for the medium multi-role
combat aircraft (MMRCA) by April next year, Air Chief Marshal
Pradeep Naik said.
"We will complete flight test evaluation for these
aircraft by April...the report would then be sent to the
government," the Air Chief told a news agency.
The IAF has been holding trials for its USD 10-billion
Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft tenders in which US` Boeing
and Lockheed Martin, French D`Assault, Swedish SAAB, European
consortium EADS and Russian MiG are contenders.
"The evaluation report would be discussed by the
Cabinet Committee on Security, after which the process of
awarding contract would be initiated," he said.
"The aircraft would be in service by 2013," he added.
India is acquiring 126 medium multi-role combat
aircraft to make up for the decreasing fleet of fighter
aircraft squadrons as part of the rapid modernisation of the
Force to counter threat from the eastern and western fronts.
The Air Chief was here to attend the alumni meet of
the Defence Ministry-managed Sainik School over the weekend.
He belongs to the the first batch of cadets that passed out
from the school, which completes Golden Jubilee next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared