MNCs are biggest threat to country`s independence: BJP
Ahmedabad: Sharpening its attack on the UPA government over FDI in retail, Opposition BJP on Saturday alleged that multi-national companies are the "biggest threat to independence of the country".
Speaking at an election rally, party veteran Murli Manohar Joshi said, "Is government ne gareeb, chote kisaan aur garib vyapari ke pet par daka dala hai (this government has snatched away the livelihood of poor farmers and traders).
"It (government) has hit them by deciding to sell flour, shoes, vegetables, biscuits to multi-nationals. We have opposed it...I want to tell you that MNC`s are the most dangerous threat to independence of this country."
Terming Congress rule as the "most corrupt" in Indian history post 1952, the PAC chairman claimed that BJP`s victory in Gujarat and Congress` defeat in the polls "guarantee protection of independence".
"A government which indulges in corruption in ration supplies for its defence personnel.. I think there can`t be a government harming national interest more than this one," Joshi said referring to alleged corruption in ration supplies to defence personnel.
"This government is most corrupt I have seen so far," he said.
"BJP`s victory and Congress defeat in Gujarat elections would mean protection of country`s independence, trade and farmers interest," he said.
Criticising Congress for defending FDI in multi-brand retail, Joshi said the government`s claim that the move was in interest of farmers and youths is a "blatant lie".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe