MNCs are biggest threat to country`s independence: BJP
Ahmedabad: Sharpening its attack on the UPA government over FDI in retail, Opposition BJP on Saturday alleged that multi-national companies are the "biggest threat to independence of the country".
Speaking at an election rally, party veteran Murli Manohar Joshi said, "Is government ne gareeb, chote kisaan aur garib vyapari ke pet par daka dala hai (this government has snatched away the livelihood of poor farmers and traders).
"It (government) has hit them by deciding to sell flour, shoes, vegetables, biscuits to multi-nationals. We have opposed it...I want to tell you that MNC`s are the most dangerous threat to independence of this country."
Terming Congress rule as the "most corrupt" in Indian history post 1952, the PAC chairman claimed that BJP`s victory in Gujarat and Congress` defeat in the polls "guarantee protection of independence".
"A government which indulges in corruption in ration supplies for its defence personnel.. I think there can`t be a government harming national interest more than this one," Joshi said referring to alleged corruption in ration supplies to defence personnel.
"This government is most corrupt I have seen so far," he said.
"BJP`s victory and Congress defeat in Gujarat elections would mean protection of country`s independence, trade and farmers interest," he said.
Criticising Congress for defending FDI in multi-brand retail, Joshi said the government`s claim that the move was in interest of farmers and youths is a "blatant lie".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead