MNS plea to Assembly Speaker to revoke members` suspension
Mumbai: MNS today urged Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil to revoke the
suspension of four of its members, saying their group leader
had already apologised for physically assaulted Samajwadi
party legislator Abu Azmi.
Four MNS MLAs were suspended November last year?for a
period of four years when they physically assaulted Azmi for
taking oath as member in Hindi instead of Marathi.
Nitin Sardesai (MNS) said keeping the MLAs suspended was
injustice to the 12 lakh voters who had elected them.
The Speaker said he has asked Parliamentary affairs
minister Harshvardhan Patil to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman