MNS plea to Assembly Speaker to revoke members` suspension
Mumbai: MNS today urged Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil to revoke the
suspension of four of its members, saying their group leader
had already apologised for physically assaulted Samajwadi
party legislator Abu Azmi.
Four MNS MLAs were suspended November last year?for a
period of four years when they physically assaulted Azmi for
taking oath as member in Hindi instead of Marathi.
Nitin Sardesai (MNS) said keeping the MLAs suspended was
injustice to the 12 lakh voters who had elected them.
The Speaker said he has asked Parliamentary affairs
minister Harshvardhan Patil to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it