MNS plea to Assembly Speaker to revoke members` suspension
Mumbai: MNS today urged Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil to revoke the
suspension of four of its members, saying their group leader
had already apologised for physically assaulted Samajwadi
party legislator Abu Azmi.
Four MNS MLAs were suspended November last year?for a
period of four years when they physically assaulted Azmi for
taking oath as member in Hindi instead of Marathi.
Nitin Sardesai (MNS) said keeping the MLAs suspended was
injustice to the 12 lakh voters who had elected them.
The Speaker said he has asked Parliamentary affairs
minister Harshvardhan Patil to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre