Mobile phones make youths shameless: Muslim body
Bareilly: A faction of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board today passed a resolution opposing use of mobile phones by youths, particularly girls, as it make them "shameless".
"Parents should ensure that their wards, especially girls, do not use mobile phones as it make them `behaya (shameless)`," stated the resolution passed by AIMPLB (Jadid) stated at its national convention here.
"Muslim families should strictly follow this," AIMPLB (Jadid) national president Maulana Taukir Raza Khan said.
However, he said, education for girls is very important.
The organisation also demanded implementation of the recommendations of Ranganath Mishra and Sachar committees, which suggested reservations for Muslims in job and education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened