Modi a good PM candidate, but there are many contenders: Maneka
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a good prime ministerial candidate but there are many other contenders for the post in the party, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi said here on Saturday.
"Modi is certainly a good candidate but there is no dearth of leaders holding Prime Ministerial ambitions in the BJP," Gandhi, who was here for an event, said.
Meanwhile, Gandhi, who is also an animal rights activist, criticised the orders issued by local forest officials to shoot at sight a wild cat which has reportedly killed eight persons over the last one month in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Chandrapur district.
She said that there was a need to shift the people living in the Reserve who were interfering with the free movement of tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Belgian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton ready for slog from back of the field
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers