Modi a good PM candidate, but there are many contenders: Maneka
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a good prime ministerial candidate but there are many other contenders for the post in the party, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi said here on Saturday.
"Modi is certainly a good candidate but there is no dearth of leaders holding Prime Ministerial ambitions in the BJP," Gandhi, who was here for an event, said.
Meanwhile, Gandhi, who is also an animal rights activist, criticised the orders issued by local forest officials to shoot at sight a wild cat which has reportedly killed eight persons over the last one month in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Chandrapur district.
She said that there was a need to shift the people living in the Reserve who were interfering with the free movement of tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested