Modi a good PM candidate, but there are many contenders: Maneka
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a good prime ministerial candidate but there are many other contenders for the post in the party, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi said here on Saturday.
"Modi is certainly a good candidate but there is no dearth of leaders holding Prime Ministerial ambitions in the BJP," Gandhi, who was here for an event, said.
Meanwhile, Gandhi, who is also an animal rights activist, criticised the orders issued by local forest officials to shoot at sight a wild cat which has reportedly killed eight persons over the last one month in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Chandrapur district.
She said that there was a need to shift the people living in the Reserve who were interfering with the free movement of tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh