Modi a good PM candidate, but there are many contenders: Maneka
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a good prime ministerial candidate but there are many other contenders for the post in the party, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi said here on Saturday.
"Modi is certainly a good candidate but there is no dearth of leaders holding Prime Ministerial ambitions in the BJP," Gandhi, who was here for an event, said.
Meanwhile, Gandhi, who is also an animal rights activist, criticised the orders issued by local forest officials to shoot at sight a wild cat which has reportedly killed eight persons over the last one month in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Chandrapur district.
She said that there was a need to shift the people living in the Reserve who were interfering with the free movement of tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM