Modi a good PM candidate, but there are many contenders: Maneka
Nagpur: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is a good prime ministerial candidate but there are many other contenders for the post in the party, BJP MP Maneka Gandhi said here on Saturday.
"Modi is certainly a good candidate but there is no dearth of leaders holding Prime Ministerial ambitions in the BJP," Gandhi, who was here for an event, said.
Meanwhile, Gandhi, who is also an animal rights activist, criticised the orders issued by local forest officials to shoot at sight a wild cat which has reportedly killed eight persons over the last one month in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in neighbouring Chandrapur district.
She said that there was a need to shift the people living in the Reserve who were interfering with the free movement of tigers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region