Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Ranchi (Jharkhand): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, party MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen.
She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
Asked on JD(U)`s reservation on Modi, Gandhi said it was that party`s view and BJP should work hard to strengthen itself.
Recently senior party leader Yashwant Sinha had triggered a debate in NDA after he said most party workers desired Modi to be BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway