Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Ranchi (Jharkhand): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, party MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen.
She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
Asked on JD(U)`s reservation on Modi, Gandhi said it was that party`s view and BJP should work hard to strengthen itself.
Recently senior party leader Yashwant Sinha had triggered a debate in NDA after he said most party workers desired Modi to be BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal