Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Ranchi (Jharkhand): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, party MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen.
She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
Asked on JD(U)`s reservation on Modi, Gandhi said it was that party`s view and BJP should work hard to strengthen itself.
Recently senior party leader Yashwant Sinha had triggered a debate in NDA after he said most party workers desired Modi to be BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand