Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Ranchi (Jharkhand): Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, party MP Maneka Gandhi on Monday said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen.
She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
Asked on JD(U)`s reservation on Modi, Gandhi said it was that party`s view and BJP should work hard to strengthen itself.
Recently senior party leader Yashwant Sinha had triggered a debate in NDA after he said most party workers desired Modi to be BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official