Modi an "untouchable" among NDA partners, says Moily
Bangalore: Launching an attack on BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Congress leader M Veerappa Moily on Tuesday said Narendra Modi will not become the Prime Minister because he has become an "untouchable" for NDA partners and an "autocrat" within BJP.
"Modi will not become prime minister. The manner in which he is going in an autocratic way within his party - He has finished all the first and second line of leadership in Gujarat, and now has started doing this in the entire country," the Oil Minister told PTI here.
Also, Modi has "no belief" in parliamentary system and ultimately the country will marginalise him, Moily said.
Moily said, "Modi has become an untouchable for NDA partners as there are only two partners with the BJP prime ministerial candidate compared to 23 at the time of Atal Bihari Vajpayee`s rule."
"Modi is a disintegrating and polarising impact on Indian politics and NDA partners," Moily charged.
He said Modi also has no strength in the South, North-East states including Assam, West Bengal and Orissa, and added, "With all these, where will he get the strength from."
Asked how the Congress sees the possible contest between AAP leader Aravind Kejriwal and Modi in Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency, Moily said, "Kejriwal and Modi are aberrations in Indian democracy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks