Modi dares PM to fight with him in Guj polls
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who completed 11 years in office yesterday, dared Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on monday to fight with him in the upcoming Gujarat Assembly elections.
The BJP strongman, who made it a point at election rallies to say that he has completed 11 years as chief minister of the state, challenged the prime minister to compete with him in executing developmental projects.
"I dare Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to come and have competition with me. You build roads, I also build roads, you build canal and I also do the same, you build hospitals and I build hospitals too.
Let the people see it... Whoever has done a better job, people will accept him," he said adding "...But they don`t want to have a competition for development with me. They only want to do sloganeering," Modi said addressing several poll rallies in this district.
Modi also said that Gujarat could not be taken "for a ride" anymore.
"I warn Congress, I warn Delhi `sultanate` that those days are gone when you would take Gujarat for a ride," he said.
Modi also said UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi should apologise on the issue of rising inflation.
"Did it (Congress before 2009 general elections) not promise to check inflation in 100 days if it came to power? Did the prices go down after they (UPA II) came to power? When Soniaji came to Rajkot, she did not speak anything about inflation. Is this not cheating?" Modi said referring to Gandhi`s recent visit to the state.
"Soniaji should apologise for cheating the people of the country on the issue of price rise," he added.
Ridiculing Sonia`s statement that there was no development in Gujarat and that whatever development the state saw was due to the Congress, Modi said,"... She has no knowledge of history and that is the reason she is making such statements on development of Gujarat."
"Of all the chief ministers that the country has seen in the last 60 years, I have suffered maximum injustice at the hands of the Centre," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH