Modi discusses BJP poll strategy with Rajnath, RSS leader
New Delhi: BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Friday discussed with party chief Rajnath Singh and senior RSS leader Suresh Soni the strategy for the forthcoming Assembly elections in five states and the roadmap for the Lok Sabha polls.
Modi, who is set to spend his weekends in the national capital in the coming days to devote time to strategising for the elections, held a long meeting at Singh`s residence.
Party sources said Modi wants the central BJP unit to be more involved in his programmes, including organisation of his rallies across the country. Till now this task has been handled by his core team based in Gandhinagar.
Modi is scheduled to hold scores of rallies across the country in the coming weeks. Nine big rallies are planned in various parts of Uttar Pradesh, a state the BJP is looking at with high expectations.
The Gujarat Chief Minister will also address a rally in Delhi on September 29.
Other than the organisation of rallies and the increased involvement of the central team in this exercise in the coming days, the allocation of specific tasks to 20 sub-committees formed under the Election Campaign Committee was also discussed.
RSS is also keen that it should be involved in organising Modi`s rallies to make them a success. Modi returned to Gandhinagar but will be back on September 23 to attend the National Integration Council meeting. Further discussions with the sub-committees, as well as senior leaders, are likely on his next visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi