Modi elevation a challenge for BJP itself: Gehlot
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday reacted to BJP`s anointment of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate saying that the move was more of a challenge for the saffron party itself than for its political rivals.
Gehlot said Hindutva organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a close supporter of BJP`s, should now declare that it would conduct all political activities on behalf of the party.
"Making Modi the PM candidate is not a challenge for us, but for BJP.
"BJP should do away with the party and RSS should declare that it would henceforth conduct political activities for it," he told reporters here during his two-day visit.
"After this decision, there is nothing to say. BJP is not a political party but a face of RSS, which we have been constantly saying. Now, RSS should take control," Gehlot added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US