Modi elevation a challenge for BJP itself: Gehlot
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday reacted to BJP`s anointment of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate saying that the move was more of a challenge for the saffron party itself than for its political rivals.
Gehlot said Hindutva organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a close supporter of BJP`s, should now declare that it would conduct all political activities on behalf of the party.
"Making Modi the PM candidate is not a challenge for us, but for BJP.
"BJP should do away with the party and RSS should declare that it would henceforth conduct political activities for it," he told reporters here during his two-day visit.
"After this decision, there is nothing to say. BJP is not a political party but a face of RSS, which we have been constantly saying. Now, RSS should take control," Gehlot added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you