Modi elevation a challenge for BJP itself: Gehlot
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday reacted to BJP`s anointment of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate saying that the move was more of a challenge for the saffron party itself than for its political rivals.
Gehlot said Hindutva organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a close supporter of BJP`s, should now declare that it would conduct all political activities on behalf of the party.
"Making Modi the PM candidate is not a challenge for us, but for BJP.
"BJP should do away with the party and RSS should declare that it would henceforth conduct political activities for it," he told reporters here during his two-day visit.
"After this decision, there is nothing to say. BJP is not a political party but a face of RSS, which we have been constantly saying. Now, RSS should take control," Gehlot added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen