Modi elevation a challenge for BJP itself: Gehlot
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday reacted to BJP`s anointment of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate saying that the move was more of a challenge for the saffron party itself than for its political rivals.
Gehlot said Hindutva organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a close supporter of BJP`s, should now declare that it would conduct all political activities on behalf of the party.
"Making Modi the PM candidate is not a challenge for us, but for BJP.
"BJP should do away with the party and RSS should declare that it would henceforth conduct political activities for it," he told reporters here during his two-day visit.
"After this decision, there is nothing to say. BJP is not a political party but a face of RSS, which we have been constantly saying. Now, RSS should take control," Gehlot added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti