Modi elevation a challenge for BJP itself: Gehlot
Jodhpur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday reacted to BJP`s anointment of Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate saying that the move was more of a challenge for the saffron party itself than for its political rivals.
Gehlot said Hindutva organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), a close supporter of BJP`s, should now declare that it would conduct all political activities on behalf of the party.
"Making Modi the PM candidate is not a challenge for us, but for BJP.
"BJP should do away with the party and RSS should declare that it would henceforth conduct political activities for it," he told reporters here during his two-day visit.
"After this decision, there is nothing to say. BJP is not a political party but a face of RSS, which we have been constantly saying. Now, RSS should take control," Gehlot added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested