Modi factor won`t play any role in 2014 polls: SP
Sambhal: Brushing aside the possibility of `Modi` factor playing any role in 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the Samajwadi Party on Friday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s charisma is limited to his state only.
"Modi is not a problem for anyone out of Gujarat. `Modi` factor will not affect the parliamentary elections," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said.
On the question of formation of a Third Front, Yadav said it was only in discussion stage and such fronts emerge only after results are declared.
"We should take a lesson from the past. Third Front will come into existence only after the polls," he said.
On power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, Yadav said the previous Mayawati government did not increase the tariffs during its tenure, despite a multi-fold increase in consumption.
"It is the first priority of our government to increase (power) generation and by 2014, additional 5,000 units will be produced. Setting up new projects is also the priority of the government," Yadav said.
Earlier addressing a public meeting in Babrala, he blamed over-exploitation of natural resources for the nature`s fury in Uttarakhand.
Yadav said arrangements have been made to bring back those people from the state who are stranded in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra