Modi factor won`t play any role in 2014 polls: SP
Sambhal: Brushing aside the possibility of `Modi` factor playing any role in 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the Samajwadi Party on Friday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s charisma is limited to his state only.
"Modi is not a problem for anyone out of Gujarat. `Modi` factor will not affect the parliamentary elections," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said.
On the question of formation of a Third Front, Yadav said it was only in discussion stage and such fronts emerge only after results are declared.
"We should take a lesson from the past. Third Front will come into existence only after the polls," he said.
On power crisis in Uttar Pradesh, Yadav said the previous Mayawati government did not increase the tariffs during its tenure, despite a multi-fold increase in consumption.
"It is the first priority of our government to increase (power) generation and by 2014, additional 5,000 units will be produced. Setting up new projects is also the priority of the government," Yadav said.
Earlier addressing a public meeting in Babrala, he blamed over-exploitation of natural resources for the nature`s fury in Uttarakhand.
Yadav said arrangements have been made to bring back those people from the state who are stranded in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail