Modi government reconstitutes six Cabinet Committees
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After scrapping four Cabinet Committees, apparently in an effort to minimise decision-making process, the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government on Thursday reconstituted six Cabinet Committees.
The six reconstituted Cabinet committees are the ones on Security, Political Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Economic Affairs, Accommodation and Appointments Committee.
“The government has reconstituted six committees of the Cabinet i.e. Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, Cabinet Committee on Accommodation, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs and Cabinet Committee on Security,” said an official statement.
The Appointments Committee would comprise the prime minister and the home minister, according to an official statement.
The Cabinet Committee on Security would comprise Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Finance and Defence Minister Arun Jaitley.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs would comprise of the prime minister, home minister, external affairs minister, finance minister, Urban Development Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari, Railways Minister D.V. Sadanand Gowda, Communications and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapati Raju, Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal, and Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
The Cabinet Committee on Accommodation, on political affairs and parliamentary affairs were also reconstituted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends