Modi has misused ceremonial occasion to criticise PM, UPA: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday lashed out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for `misusing` a ceremonial occasion like Independence Day to criticise Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress led UPA government at the Centre.
Speaking to reporters here, he alleged that Modi had violated convention by `misusing` the public platform on that day, instead of listing achievements and developmental programmes of his government.
He has consequently proved he is not fit to hold office of Chief minister, Narayanasamy said.
He said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy also deserved to be condemned for violating convention as he too criticised the Centre at the Independence day function here for slashing grants and assistance to the union territory.
He said the poor financial status was due to `failure` of the Puducherry government to properly implement centrally sponsored schemes and to submit utilisation certificates relating to sanction of funds to the Centre.
On the plea of political parties in Tamil Nadu, including DMK to the Centre to avoid participation in the coming CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka, he said the Prime Minister would take these pleas into consideration and take a good decision.
"There is still time", he said.
To a question on the blast on board INS Sindurakshak, he said an enquiry had been ordered into it and nothing could be said before the probe was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?