Modi has misused ceremonial occasion to criticise PM, UPA: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday lashed out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for `misusing` a ceremonial occasion like Independence Day to criticise Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress led UPA government at the Centre.
Speaking to reporters here, he alleged that Modi had violated convention by `misusing` the public platform on that day, instead of listing achievements and developmental programmes of his government.
He has consequently proved he is not fit to hold office of Chief minister, Narayanasamy said.
He said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy also deserved to be condemned for violating convention as he too criticised the Centre at the Independence day function here for slashing grants and assistance to the union territory.
He said the poor financial status was due to `failure` of the Puducherry government to properly implement centrally sponsored schemes and to submit utilisation certificates relating to sanction of funds to the Centre.
On the plea of political parties in Tamil Nadu, including DMK to the Centre to avoid participation in the coming CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka, he said the Prime Minister would take these pleas into consideration and take a good decision.
"There is still time", he said.
To a question on the blast on board INS Sindurakshak, he said an enquiry had been ordered into it and nothing could be said before the probe was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs