Modi has misused ceremonial occasion to criticise PM, UPA: Narayanasamy
Puducherry: Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy on Saturday lashed out at Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for `misusing` a ceremonial occasion like Independence Day to criticise Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress led UPA government at the Centre.
Speaking to reporters here, he alleged that Modi had violated convention by `misusing` the public platform on that day, instead of listing achievements and developmental programmes of his government.
He has consequently proved he is not fit to hold office of Chief minister, Narayanasamy said.
He said Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy also deserved to be condemned for violating convention as he too criticised the Centre at the Independence day function here for slashing grants and assistance to the union territory.
He said the poor financial status was due to `failure` of the Puducherry government to properly implement centrally sponsored schemes and to submit utilisation certificates relating to sanction of funds to the Centre.
On the plea of political parties in Tamil Nadu, including DMK to the Centre to avoid participation in the coming CHOGM meet in Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka, he said the Prime Minister would take these pleas into consideration and take a good decision.
"There is still time", he said.
To a question on the blast on board INS Sindurakshak, he said an enquiry had been ordered into it and nothing could be said before the probe was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets