Modi has moved ahead of BJP and Sangh: Digvijay
Indore: Taking a jibe at BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has said that his (Modi`s) stature was now ahead of his own party and the RSS.
Dubbing Modi as a political leader of "hard core communalist ideology," Digvijay said "now Modi is ahead of the BJP and the Sangh."
He was talking to reporters last night when he had come to attend a marriage function here.
Singh also rapped the BJP over Gujarat government`s Rs 10.80 per day income norm for Below Poverty Line (BPL) card holders.
"When the Planning Commission had fixed such a standard, the BJP had raised a hue and cry," he said, adding that BJP president Rajnath Singh should reply over Gujarat government now setting a standard for defining poverty.
Alleging that Modi was a political leader of "hard-core communalist ideology," he claimed that the BJP`s prime ministerial nominee had honoured those accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Singh also claimed that 60 per cent of the posts in favour of Modi on social networking sites were "fake."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here