Modi has no magic to improve BJP`s polls prospects in UP: SP
Lakhimpur Kheri: Samajwadi Party on Sunday said Narendra Modi had no magic to change the fortunes of BJP in Uttar Pradesh in the next general elections and his anointment as BJP`s campaign committee chairman will not help the party.
"Even though Modi`s elevation was BJP`s internal matter but surely Modi had no magic to change the fate of his party in Uttar Pradesh. It will not help the party," SP National General Secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha told reporters.
"BJP, particularly in Uttar Pradesh, had so many senior leaders than Modi and it was a mystery that what BJP intended to gain by putting him ahead of other senior leaders," Kushwaha said lauding the Akhilesh Yadav government on law and order front.
Economic scams and crimes on women had been checked effectively under the SP rule while during the previous BSP regime such acts were a routine and even ministers and legislators were involved in crime activities, he said.
BJP today anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Election Campaign Committee Chairman for the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test