Modi heads poll panel due to his presentation skills: BJP
Indore: Defending Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, former Union Minister and BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan on Monday said that Modi has been appointed as the party`s campaign committee chairman, due to his ability to present the party`s achievement in an "excellent manner".
"Since Modi has an ability to present the BJP`s achievements in an excellent manner, the party appointed him chairman of its poll campaign committee. It was not done just to glorify him," Sumitra told reporters.
The senior party leader said that everywhere in the world, Modi`s good work as Gujarat Chief Minister is being appreciated.
Commenting on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh criticising Modi for launching a drive to build a grand statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, she said, "It would be better if today`s Congress did not talk about Patel...Patel had united the entire country, while today`s Congress is disintegrating it."
She also blamed the Congress for allowing Maoism to grow in the country and added that the Maoist "Red Corridor" was not created overnight.
"It took shape during Congress regime," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch