Modi heads poll panel due to his presentation skills: BJP
Indore: Defending Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, former Union Minister and BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan on Monday said that Modi has been appointed as the party`s campaign committee chairman, due to his ability to present the party`s achievement in an "excellent manner".
"Since Modi has an ability to present the BJP`s achievements in an excellent manner, the party appointed him chairman of its poll campaign committee. It was not done just to glorify him," Sumitra told reporters.
The senior party leader said that everywhere in the world, Modi`s good work as Gujarat Chief Minister is being appreciated.
Commenting on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh criticising Modi for launching a drive to build a grand statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, she said, "It would be better if today`s Congress did not talk about Patel...Patel had united the entire country, while today`s Congress is disintegrating it."
She also blamed the Congress for allowing Maoism to grow in the country and added that the Maoist "Red Corridor" was not created overnight.
"It took shape during Congress regime," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months