Modi heads poll panel due to his presentation skills: BJP
Indore: Defending Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, former Union Minister and BJP MP Sumitra Mahajan on Monday said that Modi has been appointed as the party`s campaign committee chairman, due to his ability to present the party`s achievement in an "excellent manner".
"Since Modi has an ability to present the BJP`s achievements in an excellent manner, the party appointed him chairman of its poll campaign committee. It was not done just to glorify him," Sumitra told reporters.
The senior party leader said that everywhere in the world, Modi`s good work as Gujarat Chief Minister is being appreciated.
Commenting on Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh criticising Modi for launching a drive to build a grand statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, she said, "It would be better if today`s Congress did not talk about Patel...Patel had united the entire country, while today`s Congress is disintegrating it."
She also blamed the Congress for allowing Maoism to grow in the country and added that the Maoist "Red Corridor" was not created overnight.
"It took shape during Congress regime," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister