Modi-magic and anti-Congress wave sweeping across country: BJP
Bhubaneswar: Emboldened by its victory in the Assembly polls in four states, BJP on Monday claimed it would capture power at the Centre after the 2014 general elections as an anti-Congress wave coupled with Narendra Modi-magic was sweeping across the country.
"Our victory in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi amply prove there is an anti-Congress wave sweeping across the country," BJP`s co-incharge for Odisha, Arun Singh told reporters here.
The way Congress faced humiliating defeat in four states showed people are unhappy over rampant corruption, a series of scams, inflation and poor governance during the UPA rule at the Centre, he said.
Stating that the Modi-magic was proving to be highly effective in wooing voters, Singh said the popularity of BJP`s prime ministerial candidate was rising steadily, bolstering the party`s poll prospects.
Referring to Odisha, the BJP leader said people are fed up due to corruption and scandals like chitfund scam which rocked the state during the BJD rule and they want the Naveen Patnaik government be thrown out.
Stating Narendra Modi is likely to visit Odisha during January-February next year, Singh said BJP would perform exceptionally well in the state Assembly elections for which party workers are working round-the-clock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA