Modi, Mamata to address separate rallies in Tripura
Agartala: BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee would address separate public rallies here to start campaign for their respective parties in the North-East for the coming Lok Sabha elections, party sources said on Sunday.
Modi would address a rally in Agartala on February 22 to start the party`s campaign in the region, President of BJP`s Tripura unit Sudhindra Dasgupta said, adding that the party`s central campaign office has instructed the state unit to make all preparations to ensure campaign a success.
S S Ahluwalia, BJP`s national vice president who heads the party`s campaign sub-committee for North-East, would arrive here on February 11 to supervise the party?s preparation in the state.
Meanwhile, chairman of the Tripura unit of TMC, Ratan Chakraborty, told reporters that the West Bengal Chief Minister would address a rally here in the last week of the current month, but the date is yet to be finalised.
He said, All India Secretary of TMC Mukul Roy has instructed the party unit to take all possible preparations to make Banerjee`s programme a success.
Both, the BJP and TMC, have no electoral presence in the Left-ruled Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net