Modi meets BJP Gen Secs discussing poll strategies
New Delhi: Chairing his first meeting as head of BJP`s election campaign committee here today, Narendra Modi met the party`s national general secretaries and discussed the poll strategy for coming assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
In the two-hour meeting, Modi discussed the broad outline of the party`s blueprint for the coming elections.
He also asked the general secretaries to put forth their suggestions on how to contest the assembly elections in six states slated later this year and the Lok Sabha polls to ensure the party`s victory.
After the meeting, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Gujarat Chief Minister asked the leaders to meet after a couple of days to further discuss the issues highlighted today.
BJP President Rajnath Singh is also likely to hold another meeting in the coming days to discuss the party`s poll strategy.
All decisions are likely to be taken after due consultations between Rajnath Singh, Modi and other senior leaders of the party.
A party leader said the poll strategy cannot be decided in one meeting and further rounds of discussions will take place in the coming days.
Assembly elections are due in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Mizoram later this year.
While all general secretaries were present at today`s meeting with Modi, J P Nadda and Varun Gandhi were not as they are abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India