Modi meets BJP Gen Secs discussing poll strategies
New Delhi: Chairing his first meeting as head of BJP`s election campaign committee here today, Narendra Modi met the party`s national general secretaries and discussed the poll strategy for coming assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
In the two-hour meeting, Modi discussed the broad outline of the party`s blueprint for the coming elections.
He also asked the general secretaries to put forth their suggestions on how to contest the assembly elections in six states slated later this year and the Lok Sabha polls to ensure the party`s victory.
After the meeting, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Gujarat Chief Minister asked the leaders to meet after a couple of days to further discuss the issues highlighted today.
BJP President Rajnath Singh is also likely to hold another meeting in the coming days to discuss the party`s poll strategy.
All decisions are likely to be taken after due consultations between Rajnath Singh, Modi and other senior leaders of the party.
A party leader said the poll strategy cannot be decided in one meeting and further rounds of discussions will take place in the coming days.
Assembly elections are due in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Mizoram later this year.
While all general secretaries were present at today`s meeting with Modi, J P Nadda and Varun Gandhi were not as they are abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city