Modi meets BJP Gen Secs discussing poll strategies
New Delhi: Chairing his first meeting as head of BJP`s election campaign committee here today, Narendra Modi met the party`s national general secretaries and discussed the poll strategy for coming assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
In the two-hour meeting, Modi discussed the broad outline of the party`s blueprint for the coming elections.
He also asked the general secretaries to put forth their suggestions on how to contest the assembly elections in six states slated later this year and the Lok Sabha polls to ensure the party`s victory.
After the meeting, BJP general secretary Ananth Kumar said the Gujarat Chief Minister asked the leaders to meet after a couple of days to further discuss the issues highlighted today.
BJP President Rajnath Singh is also likely to hold another meeting in the coming days to discuss the party`s poll strategy.
All decisions are likely to be taken after due consultations between Rajnath Singh, Modi and other senior leaders of the party.
A party leader said the poll strategy cannot be decided in one meeting and further rounds of discussions will take place in the coming days.
Assembly elections are due in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Mizoram later this year.
While all general secretaries were present at today`s meeting with Modi, J P Nadda and Varun Gandhi were not as they are abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’