Modi meets Joshi, discusses BJP Lok Sabha poll manifesto
New Delhi: BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday discussed the party`s manifesto for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections with senior party leader Murli Manohar Joshi here.
Gujarat Chief Minister Modi went to Joshi`s residence before attending a meeting of the party`s Central Election Committee and was closeted with him for nearly one-and-a-half hours.
Joshi is the head of the manifesto committee of BJP.
While sources termed Modi`s meeting with Joshi a courtesy call, it is learnt that the two discussed the manifesto.
Against the backdrop of the launch of the ISRO Mars orbiter, `Mangalyaan`, the two leaders also discussed the priority to be given to science and technology and its various facets in the BJP election manifesto.
Congratulating ISRO scientists for reaching the milestone, Joshi said there was need for more research on solid fuel technology as it would make future satellite launch vehicles lighter and more compact.
He also wished it was a GSLV rocket which had launched the orbiter instead of the PSLV one used for the purpose.
Joshi had recently said that the party would seek suggestions from a cross-section of society on a range of issues for preparation of the draft manifesto.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM