Modi, Mulayam are `Gabbar Singh`, hero Rahul will be next PM: Beni
Bahraich: Equating BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav with Gabbar Singh of blockbuster film Sholay, Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma on Saturday said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi was the real hero and he would be the next premier.
Beni said Modi and Mulayam were like Gabbar Singh who often threatened people, and "they too do the same for votes".
Played by Amjad Khan in film Sholay, Gabbar Singh was a dacoit who led a gang which looted and plundered villages in Ramgarh.
The Steel minister said he would contest from both Gonda and Kaisarganj Lok Sabha seats in upcoming general elections.
Beni alleged both the BJP and the SP were equally responsible for Muzaffarnagar riots.
On comparison being drawn between Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal, he said the former was a country`s hero who himself praised Rahul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read