Modi "myth exposed" by Uttarakhand bypoll results: Congress
New Delhi: Buoyed by assembly bye-election results in Uttarakhand, Congress on Friday said it showed the Narendra Modi "myth" was getting "exposed" within sixty days of NDA coming to power at the Centre.
Party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters that the verdict was also significant in view of the fact that the party has been able to snatch two seats from BJP besides ensuring a good win for Chief Minister Harish Rawat.
While Chacko thanked the people of the state for reposing faith in Congress, Rawat in Dehradun described the victory as the people`s "blessing" to the party.
Congress swept all the three assembly seats in Uttarakhand bypoll retaining Dharchula seat, which went to Harish Rawat, and wresting Doiwala and Someshwar seats from BJP.
The bypoll outcome deals a blow to BJP in the state reducing the number of its MLAs in the state assembly from 30 to 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs