Modi "myth exposed" by Uttarakhand bypoll results: Congress
New Delhi: Buoyed by assembly bye-election results in Uttarakhand, Congress on Friday said it showed the Narendra Modi "myth" was getting "exposed" within sixty days of NDA coming to power at the Centre.
Party spokesman P C Chacko told reporters that the verdict was also significant in view of the fact that the party has been able to snatch two seats from BJP besides ensuring a good win for Chief Minister Harish Rawat.
While Chacko thanked the people of the state for reposing faith in Congress, Rawat in Dehradun described the victory as the people`s "blessing" to the party.
Congress swept all the three assembly seats in Uttarakhand bypoll retaining Dharchula seat, which went to Harish Rawat, and wresting Doiwala and Someshwar seats from BJP.
The bypoll outcome deals a blow to BJP in the state reducing the number of its MLAs in the state assembly from 30 to 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday