Modi never claimed to have saved 15,000 Gujaratis: BJP
Lucknow: Amid war of words between Congress and BJP over reports that Narendra Modi had rescued 15,000 Gujaratis from Uttarakhand, BJP chief Rajnath Singh today said the Gujarat Chief Minister never gave such a statement.
"Modi went to Uttarakhand to express his sympathies and it is being said that he evacuated 15,000 Gujaratis from there. I myself talked to him and he said that he never gave any such statement, Singh told reporters here.
"How it is being publicised is beyond understanding," the BJP chief, who is on a two-day visit to the state, said.
Singh said he had appealed to party workers that no statement should be given to politicise Uttarakhand disaster.
"I have asked them that there is no need to be aggressive even if leader of any other political party make any statement," he said.
"BJP workers are sensitive and consider expressing sympathies and extending helping hand as their religion," Singh said.
Congress had attacked Modi saying he was trying to be a "Rambo" following reports that the Gujarat Chief Minister had helped in evacuating 15,000 Gujaratis who were stuck in Uttarakhand.
Meanwhile the BJP also announced a financial assistance of Rs five lakh each to the kin of those killed in the helicopter crash in Uttarakhand yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie