Modi offers $1 bn credit to Nepal
Kathmandu: Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is on an official visit to Nepal offered a line of $1 billion credit to the Himalayan nation, a minister said Sunday.
The fund is for road and hydro-power projects, Nepalese Finance Minister Ram Saran Mahat briefed the media.
Modi is on a two-day visit to Nepal which is expected to strengthen bilateral and regional ties between the two neighbouring countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family