Modi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi, meets Vajpayee
New Delhi: Ahead of his swearing-in, Prime Minister-designate Narendra Modi Monday paid homage to Mahatma Gandhi and visited former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at his residence here.
Modi had said in a tweet Sunday: "Tomorrow (Monday) will begin the day by visiting Raj Ghat and paying my respects to Pujya Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi)."
Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders, Modi paid tribute to the father of the nation at Raj Ghat.
He then went to meet Vajpayee.
"On my way to Atal ji`s residence to seek his blessings," Modi tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'