Modi reviews functioning of Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund, suggests qualitative changes
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Saturday reviewed the functioning of the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and suggested several qualititative changes in the way the fund is managed.
Referring to the Gujarat model, he directed that the selection of beneficiaries should be done in a more comprehensive, scientific and humanitarian basis, giving priority to children, poor, and cases from government hospitals. Life-threatening diseases should be accorded priority, and cases should be decided on need and merit, the Prime Minister added.
Modi has directed that pendency in appeals for help should be minimized. He said the draw to select the cases should be conducted in a manner that does not leave out any genuine case. It was decided that a letter from the Prime Minister should be sent to all beneficiaries. Beneficiaries whose appeals have been approved for grant of relief, will be informed through an SMS alert.
He (Modi) also reviewed the functioning of the other Prime Minister`s funds, viz. the PM`s discretionary fund, the PM`s National Defence Fund, the PM`s fund for student`s aid, and the PM`s fund for folk art.
Nripendra Misra, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, and Dr. P.K. Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, and other senior officials attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH