Modi reviews functioning of Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund, suggests qualitative changes
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Saturday reviewed the functioning of the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund and suggested several qualititative changes in the way the fund is managed.
Referring to the Gujarat model, he directed that the selection of beneficiaries should be done in a more comprehensive, scientific and humanitarian basis, giving priority to children, poor, and cases from government hospitals. Life-threatening diseases should be accorded priority, and cases should be decided on need and merit, the Prime Minister added.
Modi has directed that pendency in appeals for help should be minimized. He said the draw to select the cases should be conducted in a manner that does not leave out any genuine case. It was decided that a letter from the Prime Minister should be sent to all beneficiaries. Beneficiaries whose appeals have been approved for grant of relief, will be informed through an SMS alert.
He (Modi) also reviewed the functioning of the other Prime Minister`s funds, viz. the PM`s discretionary fund, the PM`s National Defence Fund, the PM`s fund for student`s aid, and the PM`s fund for folk art.
Nripendra Misra, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, and Dr. P.K. Mishra, Additional Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, and other senior officials attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack