`Modi, RSS indulging in anti-Muslim propaganda`
New Delhi: Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan
on Monday accused the RSS and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
of indulging in communal propaganda, saying even people
"otherwise perfectly good" are being prejudiced by it.
At a function to mark the 10th anniversary of Godhra
carnage, he also alleged that there was a very clear and
uniform pattern in which police had been "victimising
and framing innocent Muslims, even to the extent of
He was speaking on the sidelines of the premier of a
documentary "After the Storm," based on the stories of seven
former terror accused who were acquitted after several years
of legal battle.
"Lot of ordinary people who are otherwise perfectly good
have developed a prejudice because of anti-Muslim propaganda
by people like Modi and others who have been in the government
for so long because of RSS," Bhushan said.
Bhushan accused the police of falsely implicating
"It costs nothing for the police to fabricate evidence
and file a false chargesheet against an innocent person. In
virtually no case, and a vast majority of cases the court does
not take the next step of ordering the criminal prosecution,
immediate suspension, dismissal and prosecution of that police
officer," he added.
Accusing media of being hand in glove with police in such
cases, Bhushan said media should be alert enough to
distinguish between planted and authentic cases.
Demanding that a police complaint authority be set up in
states, Bhushan said, "Unfortunately, we do not have a
functional independent authority to whom people can complain
and who have the power to order the dismissal of the police
"We should have a very high powered commission of inquiry
to look into pending cases, the Ahmedabad blast cases, where
nearly 60 people are in prison for the last so many years.
"Most of them, who have been picked up in that case are
innocent. There should be some high powered commission of
inquiry to look into at least some of the important cases,
including Ahmedabad blast case," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'