Modi should answer Shiv Sena`s charge against him: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday ridiculed Narendra Modi for attacking the UPA government`s handling of foreign policy, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister himself had been criticised by NDA ally Shiv Sena for his role during the recently concluded Karnataka elections.
"It will be good if Modi first answers to what Shiv Sena has said," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters.
Sena MP Sanjay Raut had said in his party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` that Modi tried to adopt "pseudo secular image outside, which proved fatal for the BJP."
Afzal was responding to Modi`s attack at UPA government over its handling of foreign policy. The Gujarat Chief Minister had said the country is being ruled by "weak" leaders and criticised the government on corruption issues.
Modi had made these remarks in his hour-long address to the NRI community living in 20 cities across the US through video-conference on the occasion of Gujarat Day celebrations. The address was followed by a question and answer session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read