Modi should answer Shiv Sena`s charge against him: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday ridiculed Narendra Modi for attacking the UPA government`s handling of foreign policy, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister himself had been criticised by NDA ally Shiv Sena for his role during the recently concluded Karnataka elections.
"It will be good if Modi first answers to what Shiv Sena has said," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters.
Sena MP Sanjay Raut had said in his party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` that Modi tried to adopt "pseudo secular image outside, which proved fatal for the BJP."
Afzal was responding to Modi`s attack at UPA government over its handling of foreign policy. The Gujarat Chief Minister had said the country is being ruled by "weak" leaders and criticised the government on corruption issues.
Modi had made these remarks in his hour-long address to the NRI community living in 20 cities across the US through video-conference on the occasion of Gujarat Day celebrations. The address was followed by a question and answer session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi