Modi should answer Shiv Sena`s charge against him: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday ridiculed Narendra Modi for attacking the UPA government`s handling of foreign policy, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister himself had been criticised by NDA ally Shiv Sena for his role during the recently concluded Karnataka elections.
"It will be good if Modi first answers to what Shiv Sena has said," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters.
Sena MP Sanjay Raut had said in his party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` that Modi tried to adopt "pseudo secular image outside, which proved fatal for the BJP."
Afzal was responding to Modi`s attack at UPA government over its handling of foreign policy. The Gujarat Chief Minister had said the country is being ruled by "weak" leaders and criticised the government on corruption issues.
Modi had made these remarks in his hour-long address to the NRI community living in 20 cities across the US through video-conference on the occasion of Gujarat Day celebrations. The address was followed by a question and answer session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security