Modi should answer Shiv Sena`s charge against him: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday ridiculed Narendra Modi for attacking the UPA government`s handling of foreign policy, saying the Gujarat Chief Minister himself had been criticised by NDA ally Shiv Sena for his role during the recently concluded Karnataka elections.
"It will be good if Modi first answers to what Shiv Sena has said," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters.
Sena MP Sanjay Raut had said in his party`s mouthpiece `Saamana` that Modi tried to adopt "pseudo secular image outside, which proved fatal for the BJP."
Afzal was responding to Modi`s attack at UPA government over its handling of foreign policy. The Gujarat Chief Minister had said the country is being ruled by "weak" leaders and criticised the government on corruption issues.
Modi had made these remarks in his hour-long address to the NRI community living in 20 cities across the US through video-conference on the occasion of Gujarat Day celebrations. The address was followed by a question and answer session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof