Modi should be given time to perform: Raj Thackeray
Thane: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Sunday said people of the country have reposed faith in Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha elections and he should be given some time to perform.
"People have elected him as Prime Minister...He should be given some time to show the results," Raj told reporters here.
He said his certain comments about Modi a few weeks ago were distorted by the media.
To a question about Dahi Handi festival -- embroiled in controversy because of incidents of participants of human pyramids falling off and getting fatally injured -- Raj said safety measures must be adopted.
The MNS chief said he welcomed the decision of the Supreme Court to allow human pyramids during Dahi Handi festival with certain conditions.
When asked which constituency he would stand from in the coming Assembly elections in Maharashtra, Raj said it would be disclosed in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog