`Modi should contest Lok Sabha elections from Kanpur`
Kanpur: The district unit of BJP on Monday passed a resolution that Narendra Modi should contest the Lok Sabha elections from Kanpur.
The BJP executive also wrote a letter to party national president Rajnath Singh, along with the party state president and Parliamentary board, suggesting that the BJP prime ministerial candidate should contest polls from here.
"BJP`s district unit has passed a resolution for making Modi contest the Lok Sabha elections from Kanpur. The copy of the resolution has been sent to BJP national president, state President and leaders of Parliamentary board. Kanpur`s fortunes will change if Modi wins the elections from here," BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi told PTI.
Union Coal Minister Sri Prakash Jaiswal is the Congress MP from Kanpur and he has won the elections last three times. This time also there are chances of him contesting the polls.
Former BJP minister and senior leader, Bal Chandra Mishra said, "If Modi contests the election from Kanpur, BJP will win all six seats of Kanpur Mandal because no candidate will last in front of Modi and also there will be a respite from Congress`s maladministration of 15 years."
SP has announced comedy artist Raju Srivastav as its candidate for Lok Sabha elections while BSP has announced Muslim youth leader Salim Ahmed as its candidate.
BJP`s former MLA Tanvir Haidar Usmani claimed that a large section of Muslim voters will vote for the Gujarat Chief Minister because he will develop Kanpur like he has developed Gujarat.
"Tomorrow is Modi`s 64the birthday and we have made elaborate arrangements for it. A ladoo of 64 kg is being made which will be distributed among all BJP workers and 11 priests will perform a havan for his long life," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...