Modi targets Sonia on price rise, says will write in Italian
Ahmedabad: Gujarat chief minister Narendra
Modi on Thursday had a dig at UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on price
rise saying he would now write a letter in Italian to draw
Centre`s attention towards the issue.
"I have written number of letters to Central Government
on the issue of price rise. I have written letters in the
language they can understand urging them to take steps to do
something about the rising prices of food items," Modi said.
"But, I think that they have no empathy for the poor
people and it seems that they are not willing to take steps to
control rising prices," he said, adding, "Now, I need to write
a letter in Italian."
Modi was speaking at a Garib Kalyan Mela in Patan
"They (Centre) had organised a meeting on the issue of
price rise. But have now postponed it saying that they
have some other work. I don`t understand what work is more
important than addressing the issue of price rise," Modi
"Keeping poor people hungry in this manner will lead to
nemesis of the Central government," Modi said.
Garib Kalyan Mela is brainchild of Modi to provide direct
benefit of schemes meant for poor without involving middlemen.
"Former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi had said that if
Central government release one rupee for poor, only 10 paise
reaches them. By organising such melas I have tried to solve
this problem," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves