Modi thanks guardian deities, Kings for Bhutan visit success
New Delhi: Happy over his successful Bhutan visit, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has thanked the "blessings of our guardian deities, leadership of our Kings, good fortune of our people" for it.
"Visit a success: All thanks to the blessings of our Guardian Deities; leadership of our Kings; good fortune of our People," Modi tweeted.
Modi, who chose Bhutan as his first foreign destination since taking over last month, received a rousing welcome in that country with the Monarchy and the government going out of the way to display their special gestures.
He was received at the Paro airport by Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and his Council of Ministers and was accorded ceremonial guard of honour at the airport and also at the Royal Palace on the first day of the visit on Sunday.
Tobgay and his Council of Ministers went to the airport, about 50 kms from Thimphu, to see him off as well, yesterday.
Both while coming and leaving, Modi was given a special welcome en route from Paro to Thimphu, with common people, including children, lining up the road waving flags of India and Bhutan.
While leaving, Modi stopped at two places to interact with common people and children.
"My inner voice said I should visit Bhutan first," the Prime Minister said yesterday while explaining why he had chosen Bhutan as his first foreign destination.
"After such a big mandate, there is usually a temptation to visit some big powerful nation so that there is praise all over. But my inner voice said that I should visit Bhutan first," he said while addressing the joint session of Bhutanese Parliament.
"There was no plan. It was a simple step. Had I not visited Bhutan first, my conscience would have questioned me why I did not do so," he added.
Later, on his return yesterday, he tweeted, "Back to Delhi. This Bhutan trip will remain etched in my memory. It was a very satisfying & productive visit".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Twinkle Khanna slams Naseeruddin Shah online! - Know why
- Singapore-based company develops robot therapist to help relieve muscle strains
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh chairs high-level meeting in Kashmir
- India, Bangladesh border forces discuss issues in Tripura
- Four hospitals hit by air raids in Syria's Aleppo: Doctors