Modi the best choice for PM post: Ram Jethmalani
Bhubaneswar: Batting for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate, eminent lawyer and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani on Wednesday said Modi would be the best choice for the post.
"In my opinion Narendra Modi will be the best prime minister of the country," Jethmalani told reporters replying to query during a visit here.
"I have already made my position very clear. I have nothing to hide (about Modi`s choice as PM)", said the Rajya Sabha MP, who was here to represent a private company before Justice M B Shah Commission probing into alleged illegal mining activities in Odisha.
Jethmalani, who had supported Modi for the top post last year while demanding that BJP President Nitin Gadkari step down, said the Gujarat chief minister should be projected as the future PM candidate.
He had also said last month that he believed Modi was "impeccably secular."
Regarding Shah Commission`s functioning, Jethmalani said the probe panel is doing a good job.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case