Modi to be in Delhi for finalisation of candidates for Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be in New Delhi Thursday for finalisation of candidates for the first phase of Assembly elections.
A meeting of Central Election Committee (CEC) of BJP will be held tomorrow in Delhi.
"Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP national vice president and chairman of the election campaign committee Purshottam Rupala, state BJP chief R C Faldu and state BJP general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsania will remain present at the meeting," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said here.
Following the notification by the Election Commission on November 17, filing of nominations has begun.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates.November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.
Party sources said BJP had almost finalised 87 candidates for the first phase, but announcement would be made at the last moment, to discourage the disgruntled ones from quitting the party and seeking ticket elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?