Modi to be in Delhi for finalisation of candidates for Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be in New Delhi Thursday for finalisation of candidates for the first phase of Assembly elections.
A meeting of Central Election Committee (CEC) of BJP will be held tomorrow in Delhi.
"Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP national vice president and chairman of the election campaign committee Purshottam Rupala, state BJP chief R C Faldu and state BJP general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsania will remain present at the meeting," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said here.
Following the notification by the Election Commission on November 17, filing of nominations has begun.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates.November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.
Party sources said BJP had almost finalised 87 candidates for the first phase, but announcement would be made at the last moment, to discourage the disgruntled ones from quitting the party and seeking ticket elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened