Modi to be in Delhi for finalisation of candidates for Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be in New Delhi Thursday for finalisation of candidates for the first phase of Assembly elections.
A meeting of Central Election Committee (CEC) of BJP will be held tomorrow in Delhi.
"Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP national vice president and chairman of the election campaign committee Purshottam Rupala, state BJP chief R C Faldu and state BJP general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsania will remain present at the meeting," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said here.
Following the notification by the Election Commission on November 17, filing of nominations has begun.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates.November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.
Party sources said BJP had almost finalised 87 candidates for the first phase, but announcement would be made at the last moment, to discourage the disgruntled ones from quitting the party and seeking ticket elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar