Modi to be in Delhi for finalisation of candidates for Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be in New Delhi Thursday for finalisation of candidates for the first phase of Assembly elections.
A meeting of Central Election Committee (CEC) of BJP will be held tomorrow in Delhi.
"Chief Minister Narendra Modi, BJP national vice president and chairman of the election campaign committee Purshottam Rupala, state BJP chief R C Faldu and state BJP general secretary Bhikhubhai Dalsania will remain present at the meeting," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said here.
Following the notification by the Election Commission on November 17, filing of nominations has begun.
Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) of rebel BJP leader and former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel is also yet to announce candidates.November 24 is the last date for filing nomination.
Party sources said BJP had almost finalised 87 candidates for the first phase, but announcement would be made at the last moment, to discourage the disgruntled ones from quitting the party and seeking ticket elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says