Modi to give a lesson in governance to BJP CMs
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has been given the pride of place to guide chief
ministers of BJP-ruled states on good governance at a
conference next month in Maharashtra.
Modi will deliver the keynote address at the national
convention on good governance at Sangh Parivar`s training
centre Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini near Mumbai on June 5-6.
"Named Suraj-Sankalp (commitment to good governance), the
conference will focus on review of some very noteworthy and
innovative welfare or development initiatives," convenor, BJP
governance cell, Manohar Parrikar said.
Asked why Modi was chosen for delivering the keynote
address, Parrikar said the decision was taken keeping his
"good" track-record of governance in mind as well as the fact
that he is the "senior most" chief minister.
Modi was recently summoned by the Supreme Court-appointed
Special Investigation Team (SIT) to be quizzed on his alleged
role in the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
The former Goa Chief Minister has been made in-charge of
the conclave to be inaugurated by BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, who
had announced at the party`s National Council and Executive
Meeting in Indore in February that the party cadre would have
to undergo training programmes.
The programme has been designed by BJP ideologue Vinay
Sahasrabuddhe and other senior leaders on the lines of
training programmes run for RSS leaders.
Party general secretary Dharmendra Pradhan, former
Uttarakhand chief minister B C Khanduri, Deputy Leader of BJP
in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde and former Delhi unit president
Harshvardhan would conduct a session on relations between
party and government.
Parikkar denied that these leaders will not be able to
deal with heavyweights like Modi and two-time Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
"This is a conference and not a workshop. The good deeds
of everyone will be discussed there... slippages will be
discussed too but weaknesses will not be made public," he
A report card on good governance of chief ministers and
accountability in their states will be prepared at the
On accusations against Modi that he allowed communal
violence in his state in 2002, Parrikar said, "Law and order
issues will also be discussed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed