Modi to lead BJP`s 2014 poll campaign: Report
New Delhi: In what may be an indication of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inching closer to realising his Delhi dreams, the sources on Friday claimed that the hardline BJP leader is likely to lead his party’s campaign for 2014 polls.
According to reports, the hardline saffron party leader will most likely be the in-charge of BJP’s campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Modi leading the BJP’s Lok Sabha election campaign will also make him the party’s main face, further boosting his prime ministerial ambitions.
Modi, if give the charge to head his party’s polls campaign, will be the BJP’s answer to ruling Congress, which has already given the responsibility to its young general secretary Rahul Gandhi.
Rahul Gandhi has been made the in-charge of Congress’ 2014 election coordination committee.
BJP sources claim that the decision to make Modi the in-charge of 2014 Lok Sabha polls has the backing of the party’s parent organization - the
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
As per sources, an announcement in this regard could be made in February, coinciding with Nitin Gadkari’s appointment as the BJP chief for a second term despite all controversies surrounding his dubious business venture.
Sources also claim that the hardline BJP leader may also continue as the Gujarat Chief Minister while accepting the key responsibilities in his party.
The RSS is also believed to be assessing the situation, preparing grounds and gearing up for a balancing act if its political wing fails to get a clear majority or the required numbers to form government in 2014.
After delivering Gujarat to BJP for the third time in a row, there has been a clamour within the BJP that the leadership issue be sorted soon as General Elections are due next year. In light of such demands, Modi is seen as the best bet for the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini