Modi, Varun can be drafted for campaigning in Bihar: Gadkari
New Delhi: Narendra Modi and Varun
Gandhi can be drafted for campaigning in Bihar for the
assembly elections and BJP alone will decide who it should
depute, party chief Nitin Gadkari said today, indicating that
he will not be swayed by JD-U leaders opposing such a move.
"Narendra Modi can go for campaigning. There is no
problem. Varun Gandhi can also go. Whatever schedule is drawn
up by the BJP unit in Bihar and whichever leader they will
ask for will be sent," he said.
For this, "the decision will be that of the BJP alone
and it will not be at the behest of any other party," he told
a news channel.
Gadkari described as "unfortunate" the decision of
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to return Rs five crore sent
by the Modi government in Gujarat for Kosi flood victims.
This was money collected from the people of Gujarat
and it was not the personnel money of Modi, he said.
About the return of Uma Bharati to the party, he said,
discussions were on both at the central level and with the
Madhya Pradesh unit and a decision on the issue will be taken
The BJP president identified SCs/STs, minorities, the
unorganised sectors and professionals among the areas to be
specifically focused by the party in the run-up to the 2014
Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt