Modi well advised not to meet Kejriwal, says Jaitley
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley Saturday said that party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was "well advised to deny an audience" to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal as "silence can be the best response to a maverick".
In an article on his website, Jaitley said that he has always wondered how to deal with a maverick.
"Do you answer questions which a maverick puts to you? Do you meet him when he tries to gate crash into your house? Do you allow him to occupy the centre stage by engaging him or do you ignore him and continue with your conventional style of setting the agenda? That I feel is a safer option," he said.
"Silence can be the best response to a maverick. It is dignified. It saves you the embarrassment of engaging with a maverick on his bizarre agenda. Narendra Modi, therefore, was well advised to deny an audience to Arvind Kejriwal," said the Bharatiya Janata Party leader.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Kejriwal, who was in Gujarat Friday, was stopped while going to meet Chief Minister Modi, shortly after he alleged widespread corruption and unemployment in the state.
Jaitley said that India had its share of mavericks who join political parties temporarily but soon discover themselves to be misfits.
"Some have even formed political parties. Their style is unconventional. They make arguments in an idiom intended to derive maximum publicity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city