Modi will divide the country if he comes to power: Buddhadeb
Burdwan: Claiming that the country will be divided if BJP leader Narendra Modi comes to power, CPI(M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday said Modi is a candidate who has been pushed forward only by industrialists.
"If Modi comes to power then our country will be divided and it will be a danger for us. Modi is not being pushed forward by farmers and poor people of Gujarat. He is being pushed forward by big industrialists of the country," he said.
"It is a dangerous trend that industrialists are pitching in for Modi," the former West Bengal Chief Minister said while addressing rally here.
Bhattacharjee today reiterated that both the Trinamool Congress and the BJP have entered into a covert alliance.
"We know that BJP and Trinamool are in a covert alliance. This is not a new claim. Earlier also we have seen them as allies," he said.
Bhattacharjee noted that the present UPA regime and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have to go after the next Lok Sabha elections due to their anti-people policies.
"The condition of the Manmohan Singh government is not good. They will have to leave because of their anti-people policies," he said, claiming that the Trinamool Congress was also responsible for the anti-people policies pursued by the UPA regime as it had been an alliance partner for three years.
"Trinamool can`t run away from its responsibilities as anti-people policies like deregulation of oil prices and many other decisions were taken when they were part of the UPA," the CPI(M) leader said.
Criticising the state government for not ordering a CBI inquiry into the Saradha ponzi scam, Bhattacharjee said, "Why is the state government not confiscating the property of Saradha group? We want a CBI inquiry into the Saradha scam. Only a CBI inquiry can bring out the truth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note