Modi will divide the country if he comes to power: Buddhadeb
Burdwan: Claiming that the country will be divided if BJP leader Narendra Modi comes to power, CPI(M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Tuesday said Modi is a candidate who has been pushed forward only by industrialists.
"If Modi comes to power then our country will be divided and it will be a danger for us. Modi is not being pushed forward by farmers and poor people of Gujarat. He is being pushed forward by big industrialists of the country," he said.
"It is a dangerous trend that industrialists are pitching in for Modi," the former West Bengal Chief Minister said while addressing rally here.
Bhattacharjee today reiterated that both the Trinamool Congress and the BJP have entered into a covert alliance.
"We know that BJP and Trinamool are in a covert alliance. This is not a new claim. Earlier also we have seen them as allies," he said.
Bhattacharjee noted that the present UPA regime and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have to go after the next Lok Sabha elections due to their anti-people policies.
"The condition of the Manmohan Singh government is not good. They will have to leave because of their anti-people policies," he said, claiming that the Trinamool Congress was also responsible for the anti-people policies pursued by the UPA regime as it had been an alliance partner for three years.
"Trinamool can`t run away from its responsibilities as anti-people policies like deregulation of oil prices and many other decisions were taken when they were part of the UPA," the CPI(M) leader said.
Criticising the state government for not ordering a CBI inquiry into the Saradha ponzi scam, Bhattacharjee said, "Why is the state government not confiscating the property of Saradha group? We want a CBI inquiry into the Saradha scam. Only a CBI inquiry can bring out the truth."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional