Modi will have to `unlearn` before learning on economy: FM
New Delhi: As Narendra Modi sharpened his attack on the government accusing it of failing to curb price rise, Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Friday hit back saying the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate will have to "unlearn" a lot before he learns about Indian economy.
"I am glad that he is beginning to take interest in Indian economy. As he takes more interest, he will discover that there is much more to learn. First they have to unlearn a lot then learn," Chidambaram said.
He was responding to questions on Modi attacking the government for failing to check inflation and making "hollow" promises to improve the economic situation.
At a press conference here, Chidambaram hinted that the worst for the economy may be over and the country will have a bumper harvest and the troublesome Current Account Deficit (CAD) will come down on back of rising exports and declining gold imports.
Modi has been targeting UPA and Congress in particular on the economic policies, accusing it of ignoring ground realities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH