Modi will have to `unlearn` before learning on economy: FM
New Delhi: As Narendra Modi sharpened his attack on the government accusing it of failing to curb price rise, Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Friday hit back saying the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate will have to "unlearn" a lot before he learns about Indian economy.
"I am glad that he is beginning to take interest in Indian economy. As he takes more interest, he will discover that there is much more to learn. First they have to unlearn a lot then learn," Chidambaram said.
He was responding to questions on Modi attacking the government for failing to check inflation and making "hollow" promises to improve the economic situation.
At a press conference here, Chidambaram hinted that the worst for the economy may be over and the country will have a bumper harvest and the troublesome Current Account Deficit (CAD) will come down on back of rising exports and declining gold imports.
Modi has been targeting UPA and Congress in particular on the economic policies, accusing it of ignoring ground realities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!