Modi will prove `yamraj` for Cong in 2014 elections: BJP
Rampur: Hitting back at the Congress, which compared Narendra Modi to `yamraj`, the Lord of Death in Hindu mythology, the BJP on Saturday said the Gujarat Chief Minister will prove fatal for the ruling party in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"Yes, Narendra Bhai is yamraj but only for those who had and have been adopting terrorism, corruption and conspiracies against the nation. Congress has rightly seen Modi ji in the form of yamraj as he will prove to be so for them in coming general elections," BJP vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said while addressing party workers at the foundation day rally here.
Referring to 1984 anti-Sikh riots, Naqvi alleged that the "massacre had shown that the Congress is the biggest communal outfit."
Taking a dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s recent comment on "bureaucratic inertia" and corruption being a problem, Naqvi alleged that the Congress had treated bureaucrats as "bonded labourers" and "whenever officers attempted to abide by the law, they were and are being victimised by way of transfers and demotions."
Referring to the case of IAS officer Ashok Khemka, the BJP leader said a "straightforward and law abiding bureaucrat is treated like a football and kicked from one place to another 40 times in about 20 years service".
He alleged that the bureaucracy in Congress-ruled states does not work in the interest of the Constitution but in self interest.
Naqvi said Modi will tour the entire country to apprise the electorate about Congress` hidden agenda of "grabbing power after assassinating the democratic ethics".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read