Modi wins, Sanjay Joshi quits BJP National Executive
Mumbai: Hours before the start of BJP meet in Mumbai, party leader Sanjay Joshi - known as one of the biggest critics of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi - has resigned from the party’s national executive.
In his resignation letter sent to BJP president Nitin Gadkari, Joshi stated that he was resigning from the National Executive Committee under pressure from top leaders like Narendra Modi.
After his resignation, it is being speculated that the firebrand Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will now attend the parry’s national executive meeting in Mumbai.
Modi has so far maintained a stoic silence on the issue of his participation in the Mumbai meeting.
BJP central leadership has also not confirmed whether Modi will be attending the executive committee meeting. There are concerns in the parry that Modi’s absence will overshadow the entire executive agenda.
Sources close to the Gujarat Chief Minister have indicated that instead of travelling to Mumbai from Ahmedabad, Modi might visit Udaipur, where a local organisation is preparing for a function to honour him.
Modi has been upset with party president Nitin Gadkari after he reinstated former general secretary Sanjay Joshi in the party and made him the in-charge of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections.
Joshi had to quit his post in 2005 after his purported sex CD hit headlines.
Modi had not turned up to campaign in Uttar Pradesh, even as Gadkari was keen that he did. He even skipped the last party conclave in Delhi held in December last year. Since then the Gujarat CM and Gadkari have not been in the best of terms but with the BJP preparing to pass a resolution in the executive meeting, Gadkari has chances to get another term as the party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA