Modi won due to work, trust of people: Praful Patel
Mumbai: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi led his party to victory in the Assembly elections due to his work and the confidence that people reposed in him, Union minister Praful Patel said here on Friday.
"Modi was successful in gaining trust of people," Patel said, at the inaugural function of NCP`s renovated office in South Mumbai.
Modi won due to the work he has done, he said.
"Ideologically, we are with Congress and will continue to be with them, Patel said. But there is nothing wrong with thinking about our growth," he added.
In Gujarat, we had a tie-up with Congress in order to avoid division of secular votes, Patel said. However, the ally put up candidates in all the seats NCP contested, he added.
A review should be done to find out who is responsible for the defeat in Gujarat, Patel said.
"We live in Delhi. We know that there are two-three leaders who enjoy respect of people. And Pawar saheb is one of them. There are a lot of developments you will see in future in the country and in politics," he said.
The era of single-party rule has ended, Patel said.
"From this office, let us make efforts to put Pawar saheb on a bigger place," he said.
NCP leader Tariq Anwar, in his first party meeting here after becoming Union minister, referred to senior Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi`s "invitation" to NCP President Sharad Pawar to join NDA. "One should take note when even the enemy praises you," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth