Modi`s comment on PM mopping floor for CWG uncivilised: Reddy
Ahmedabad: Union Urban Development Minister
Jaipal Reddy on Friday criticised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi for his remarks on Prime Minister mopping the floor for
Commonwealth Games and said it was the "most uncivilised
"The opening ceremony of the CWG was a grand success and
the whole world has noticed it. I would respectfully like to
invite all ministers of Gujarat including the Chief Minister
to come and attend the closing ceremony of the Games," Reddy
"Initially there were problems, but all the things have
been sorted out and the Games are going nicely. But to say
that Prime Minister should go and mop the floor was the most
uncivilised comment. Our PM is hailed through out the world
for his modesty and simplicity," Reddy said targeting Modi. He
however, didnot take Modi`s name.
Taking a dig at the Centre for tardy pace of construction
of venues at the CWG, Narendra Modi had on August 31 said that
"even if Prime Minister Manmohan Singh wipes the floor, venues
would not be ready for the Games."
"They should come and see what we have done there and at
least attend the closing ceremony which will also be grand,"
The minister, however, refused to answer questions on
alleged corruption in the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman