Modi`s fan-following on Twitter touches 1 million
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi now has one million `followers` on Twitter.
About a year ago, in November 2011, Modi had four lakh followers. He added six lakh followers since then, to touch the million mark on Tuesday.
Thanking his followers, the Internet-savvy Gujarat chief minister tweeted today: "A million followers! These are not mere numbers but it signifies your love and affection. Heartfelt thanks to you all."
BJP`s media adviser Jagdish Bhavsar said that "Modi`s development agenda is being endorsed across the country and world-over. And that is showing in his fan following."
Modi started using Twitter in 2009. In 2010, he had one lakh followers. He also has a blog, and updates it regularly.
He often uses the two social platforms, Twitter and blog, to make political statements.
This September, he started a state-wide `Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra`, a campaign tour, seeking a third term in Gujarat, which is going to elections on December 13 and 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!